viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

EUTHANASIA

When I think in euthanasia I think in a very difficult moment into a family. I think in an important and spiritual decision that someone has to take in relation with the “life” of someone else. I write “life” because the health conditions of people who are in some medical state that suggest the necessity to decide about the life prolongation through machine, that situation for me, it is not life. In this moment, I cannot remember any famous case of euthanasia but an image that come to my mind, is one of the most emotional scenes of the movie “million dollar baby”, when the protagonist ask to her coach that please help her to die. The debate about the euthanasia is main related with a value debate, and religion is an important element to consider. I am a catholic girl, I believe in god, but there are a lot of things about “the church’s rules” that I am not agree with. One of them is the position of the church about euthanasia. I agree with. The position of the social, religious and political institutions has a clue influence on the fact that euthanasia can consider as murder or as a tool to stop suffering people alive. Government should lead the debate about this topic, put it into its political agenda, and dialogue with the all actors involved. Only with a serious debate about it will help to disclose this complex topic.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario