sábado, 14 de enero de 2012

WHAT MUSIC MEANS TO ME

Music is very important to me. It is everywhere; it has been across all my life. It is the memory –as a soundtrack- of my happiest and saddest life experiences. Music is my daily partner, it helps me to stop thinking, to be relaxed, to smile and keep walking.
I like rock-pop music, in English or Spanish, and also I like folk music, especially music from Andean cultures, but I don’t like heavy metal music, or music of that kind, at all. I don’t have just one favorite band or singer, but I have a top ten list of favorite bands, today a bands that I’ve listened a lot are The smiths and Jack Johnsons, and by the side of Chilean bands my favorite I have listened Astro and Denver, actually last Saturday I went to a concert of them. I love to go to concerts, now I’m pretty exciting about my future concerts: Morrisey’s and Artic Monkey’s. I used to download music from different web sites, and I looking for some new bands or singers at different blogs, magazines and radio, one of my favorite Chilean radios is Horizonte (103.3) I don’t sing very well, but I love to do it! Especially at karaokes, especially when I go out with some friends, at some bar like “constitucion bar” to have a funny time playing as a rockstar in the “kararocker”, which is like the common karaoke but with a rock band playing the music alive.
I think music is so important for people and culture, it is an amazing tool to express ideals, feelings, emotions, complains, and many other kind of human expressions.

2 comentarios:

  1. I think you are right, the music is a expression of the popular feelings and it is necessary as a means of collective catharsis.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I quote to you: "is a tool to express ideals". There no word to say it better. =)

    ResponderEliminar